Today (29 Aug) news from China. – yesterday Air China A330 fire at Beijing airport, flight scheduled from Beijing to Tokyo, fire happened during cargo loading and before passengers on-board; which suspected caused by lithium battery. Today China Gov tighten the export controls. From Supply Chain Safety & Security Association SCSA perspective:
- More cargo especially DG related will via / rely Hong Kong to export shortly (till Oct – Chinese Gov 70 anniversary)
- Black smoke doesn’t looks like fire direct from battery, which possible come from hydrocarbon, may be battery fire with high temp causing other stuff overheating.
- Rounding to Japan applying new security policy, even good arrival japan, whereas the preparation of Olympic, therefore Its also apply to the source HKG.
- Local Hong Kong Gov new DG policy is effective, in past 12 months, have less than 60 cases in Hong Kong.
- New accident investigation, New HKCAD DG policy & incident handling will have sharing session in end Sep, please update